Mexican shredded chicken with shredded cheesehas become a weeknight staple for my family. Whenever they crave tacos, burrito bowls, enchiladas, salads, and basically anything Mexican inspired, Mexican shredded chicken is our go-to.
Pure Dairy’s incredible Mexican shredded cheese blend is the perfect blend of four different Mexican cheeses, which is what gives this dish such an authentic Mexican taste.
It’s one of the easiest Mexican dishesi’ve ever made. If you have all the ingredients as mentioned below, you can make this dinner happen right now in 30 mins with just one pan. So, with no delay, let’s start the recipe with all the ingredients required.
Chicken breasts or thighs 2 lbs.
Chicken broth 1 cup
Smoked paprika 1/2 teaspoon
Mexican Shredded Cheese 1 cup
Chili powder (just ground chilies) 2 teaspoons
Garlic powder 1 teaspoon
Onion powder 1 teaspoon
Cumin 1/2 teaspoon
Salt and black pepper to taste
Dried oregano(optional) 1/2 teaspoon
Olive oil 1 tablespoon
- Take a large skillet and set over medium-high heat
- Add salt, pepper, cumin, paprika, chili, onion and garlic powder to one side of the chicken breasts.Make sure you evenly cover the chicken with plenty of spices sothat barely anymeat is seen.
- Once hot, drizzle olive oil and add the seasoned chicken to skillet, seasoned side down. Now repeat the seasoning process on the top (unseasoned side) of the chicken and let it cook for 4 minutes.
- Flip the chicken and lower the heat.Cover with a lid leaving it slightly off-center so that steam can escape. Cook the chicken for 8-10 mins (i.e., until the center reaches 165 degrees F )
- Once the chicken is cooked, turn off the heat, grab two forks and start shredding the chicken as you desire.
- Add chicken broth and stir to combine.
- Turn on the heat to low and cover the chicken. Cook for 5-8 minutes while occasionally stirring to blend the flavors. Turn off the heat, add some Mexican shredded cheese blend to give the dish an authentic Mexican taste, and cover the lid until the cheese blends appropriately.
This delicious combination of Mexican shredded chicken and cheese is now ready to serve. You eat as it is or use it as filling for burritos, tacos, taquitos, and more!
Don’t worry about leftovers;you can store it in the refrigerator up to 2-3 days if the chicken is fresh. If you have a freezer you can store it for up to 1 month. When you crave some shredded chicken, reheat on the stovetop and rehydrate with broth or water.